Saturday, June 15, 2013

Fantastic and Simple Ways to Remind Readers They’re Awesome

You can publish post after post, but we all know blogging isn’t much fun until you gain a few readers. Creating a connection is what it’s all about, so whether you’ve got 10 or 10,000, here are a few easy ways to show yours readers, fans, and followers some love.

Be responsive
Making a habit of responding to questions, @ replies, and saying thank you when someone shares one of your posts is definitely one of the 10 commandments of blogging. The easiest way to show your readers you appreciate them is by responding on a regular basis.

Ask for opinions
People love to feel like they’re part of something, so seeing their comments featured might make them feel pretty special. I like to ask for opinions on Twitter and include the responses in my posts. Not only am I giving some traffic to my readers, but I’m also sharing some great ideas outside of my own.

Feature them
Every week when I gather links for Blog Love, I take a spin through my blog commenter and Twitter followers sites in search of something cool to include. I know I get a little giddy when one of my links is shared on a blog that I follow and I love promoting the awesome projects and posts you all come up with!

0 comments:

Post a Comment